The start of the company dates back to the end of the 19th century, when it began as a river shipyard. The company was the second river shipyard upon the Odra river in the 1920’s. The shipyard was completely destroyed during the Second World War, along with the whole town of Głogów.
Głogowska Stocznia Rzeczna (the Głogów River Shipyard) was founded.
Widening their scope of activities, the Głogów River Shipyard started to produce machinery and equipment for the building and mining industry.
The company changed its name to Fabryka Maszyn Budowlanych, hence Famaba S.A.
Famaba S.A. became a member of the Dutch industrial Smulders Group.
In August, Famaba S.A. was acquired by the Belgian E-Crane Group. Since then, Famaba has presented itself on the market under the brand name E-Towers Famaba.